A1 Water & Mold Removal MA Logo
5/5

Call Today!

  • Mon - Fri 9am-5pm

Mold Symptoms

The symptoms associated with mold exposure are similar to allergy problems. If you have a runny nose and you’re sneezing frequently, you may brush it off. After all, the problem is common so you’re not going to worry too much about it. However, you should be cautious. Mold can cause many of the same symptoms and it could lead to more severe problems too.

You also have to understand that mold is not always a visible problem. Sometimes, you will not notice it until it is too late. You likely will not know that you’ve been exposed to mold until you’ve found the mold in your home. It is common for mold to grow in between the walls, under the flooring, and in the attic. With that being said, you may not see the mold until you’ve been exposed to it.

Thankfully, you can put a stop to the problem before it spirals out of control. If you identify and treat the mold quickly, you’ll be able to eliminate the problem and prevent it from impacting your health.

Common Symptoms Associated With Mold Exposure

When you’re exposed to mold, you may experience a handful of symptoms. For your consideration, some of the most common symptoms of mold exposure can be found in the list below.

 

  • Coughing, wheezing, and asthma attacks
  • Headaches or migraines
  • Tightness of the chest and shortness of breath
  • Sore throat
  • Sinus congestion
  • Runny nose and sneezing
  • Itchy and red eyes

Symptoms Come Quick With Mold Exposure

Once you’ve been exposed to mold, you’re going to notice symptoms very rapidly. On average, it can take a few hours for the symptoms to prevent themselves. However, you have to understand that the severity of the symptoms will depend on the type of mold and quantity of mold you’re dealing with. If the mold is small, you might not experience any symptoms at all. However, you have to realize that the problem is going to worsen over a period.

The mold will spread quickly and the symptoms will get much worse. You also have to worry about your loved ones and your pets. When exposed to mold for a long duration, there is a risk that you’re going to develop memory loss, respiratory infections, and skin rashes. You may develop scar tissue in your lungs. If you’ve noticed any strange symptoms you need to remedy the problem immediately. If you do not, you can guarantee that things are going to get much worse.

Protect Your Health By Working With Our Mold Removal Experts

The best way to protect your health is by getting rid of the mold. This will ensure that you’re able to get rid of the mold and avoid major health complications. With that being said, you should not hesitate to hire a mold professional in your area. You’ll also want to speak with your doctor and let them know about the problem. Depending on the severity of the mold exposure, you may need to go through treatment.

The treatment recommended will depend on the symptoms you’re experiencing and how long you’ve noticed them. For instance, you may be given antihistamines to deal with the symptoms similar to allergy problems. If you’ve developed bronchitis, your doctor will give you an antibiotic. There is a chance that you’ll be asked to leave your home until the mold has been removed.

It is pertinent to think about your health. There are many long-term health effects associated with mold exposure so you need to take care of the problem immediately. Remember that we’re here to help you. Here at A1 Water & Mold Removal MA, we’ve got the solutions you’re after and we’ll get the job done swiftly. You can contact us at (781) 332-4824.

Ready to get started? Call Now

Call Us at 781-332-4824