As of late mold has been one of the most discussed topics on the web. Mold is truly unique and if you have ever dealt with an infestation, you already know that it can be tricky to tackle. Not only that, but it can be expensive. This is why many people find themselves seeking alternative treatments. While there are a number of in-home treatments available, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are always the best option. One such in-home treatment that is growing more and more popular is bleach. That being said, there is a lot of debate over whether or not bleach can actually kill mold.
The Effectiveness Of The Treatment
What you really need to know is that bleach does, in fact, kill mold. However, just because it does kill mold it doesn’t mean that it should be your go-to option. In fact, it shouldn’t be because it is not the most effective application available. Bleach is a basic household cleaner that contains sodium hypochlorite. Sodium Hypochlorite is the actual active ingredient that fights and kills mold. While it can kill mold on non-porous surfaces like glass or tile, it is not the most effective option for porous materials. Trying to tackle a piece of drywall or wood infected with mold would be extremely difficult with bleach. The reason for this is because bleach is unable to penetrate deep enough into the surface
A More Natural Solution
You also have to remember that bleach can be somewhat dangerous. Sure, it is a common household cleaner that is sold right over the counter, but that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t contain potentially harmful ingredients. In fact, bleach is a corrosive substance that deteriorates some materials. Simply put, applying bleach to your carpet or drapes might cause the colors to mix or fade. Not only this, but bleach doesn’t really fully penetrate the surface. It only attacks what is on the surface. Since it doesn’t penetrate deep down into the surface of the material it is extremely hard to eradicate the roots.
Due to its chemical makeup and potential for dangers, we here at A1 Mold and Water Removal, MA recommend trying a more natural solution.
Avoid Temporary Solutions
At the end of the day, bleach is nothing more than a band air or patch in most situations. Due to the fact that it doesn’t penetrate deep in the surface bleach usually cannot fully eliminate mold. This simply means that you would need to clean a moldy surface over and over again. There are a number of other products available on the market that work in a similar manner. Vinegar is a popular one and we recommend avoid straying from it. Sure, it is effective in some situations, but your very best solution is to opt for a professional removal service.
Reach Out To Us
Bleach and other temporary treatments are not the solution when it comes to mold. Certain strains of mold are not only potentially lethal, but they are just unpleasant. If the infestation is bad enough it will cause your home to look and smell unsightly. You couple this with the potential to just further spread the infestation during the removal process and it is easy to see why more and more homeowners are opting for the pros.
When you choose to contact us at 781 332-4824, you not only get professional services, but you are going to get a guarantee. That’s right, all of our work comes backed with guarantees and warranties. We will not walk away from a job until our customers are satisfied and mold-free. We have agents standing by right now ready to handle all your mold needs and questions.